Junior Infants Homework: Monday February 22nd – Friday February 26th
• Reading folder: Read “Cow duck sheep” reading sheet every evening with your child.
• Extra reading sheets: your child has extra reading sheets stapled for their reading folder. Read one sheet with your child every night.
• Written work: sounds make words: complete one page of writing a night with your child. The allocated page is dated at
the front of the workbook. Please sign when completed. Pages 32 33 34 35.
• Sounds book: new sounds this week “th” .Point to the letter s a t i p n c k e h r m d g o u l f b ai j oa ie ee or z w ng v oo y x sh ch and ask your child to say the sound and do the action. (In the reading folder there is a worksheet explaining each sound and action.)
• Jolly phonics folder: complete th worksheet. Write the letters and colour the pictures.
• Nursery rhymes folder: help your child to recite the poem “There was an old woman” and colour the picture.
• New words: “cow duck sheep on” :help your child to learn
these words. Keep revising all other words.
• Numbers: point to each number and ask your child to say what
the number is.
Click on the links below to watch videos by Junior Infant teachers from St. Joseph’s Convent NS
Homework Video 22nd-26th of February
New Sounds Videos – Jolly Phonics explanation ‘th’ https://www.loom.com/share/889c8889e2d34b918ebab1e6ba276a94?sharedAppSource=personal_library
Using words in your word bag to make sentences to write.
Read Aloud: Rumble in the Jungle
Maths- Everyday 2D Shapes
Maths- Capacity- Full/Empty
Gaeilge- New songs to sing along to
Gaeilge- Sa Bhaile (At Home)- Sheet Explained
Bua na Cainte- Sa Bhaile (At Home) – Lessons to watch
How to make ‘Sensory Rice’ and some games to play with it.