Junior Infant Learning Activities 25th-29th of January
Click below for video explaining the homework
• Reading folder: Read “Jack and Jane” reading sheet every
evening with your child.
• Library books: your child will get one library book a week. Read
the book with your child every night.
• Written work: Sounds make words: complete one page of
writing a night with your child. The allocated page is dated at
the front of the workbook. Please sign when completed. Pages
28, 29, 30, 31.
• Sounds book: new sounds this week “ng” and “v”. Point to the
letter s a t i p n c k e h r m d g o u l f b ai j oa ie ee or z
w and ask your child to say the sound and do the action. (In the
reading folder there is a worksheet explaining each sound and
• Jolly phonics folder: complete ng v worksheet. Write the
letters and colour the pictures.
• Nursery rhymes folder: help your child to recite the poem
“three blind mice” and colour the picture.
• New words: “he” “she” “in” “box” “car”: help your child to
learn these words. Keep revising all other words.
• Numbers: point to each number and ask your child to say what
the number is.
Click on the links below for very helpful videos by Junior Infant Teachers at St. Joseph’s Convent NS
New Sounds Videos – Jolly Phonics explanation
New Words and Reading Sheet
Gaeilge -An Aimsir (The Weather) Sheet- Explained
Bua na Cainte – An Aimsir (The Weather)
Deir Ó Grádaigh (Simon Says)