Junior Infants Learning Activities 15th-17th of February 2021
There will be no writing homework this week as a reward for all of the hard work you have done over the past few weeks.
Please upload pictures of your pancakes on ‘Pancake Tuesday’ to Aladdin. We would love to see them.
Click here to watch a video of Ms. Murphy making pancakes! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XKbufWw8olfv5dcHJ1X64tOeqr1Y7JGc/view?usp=sharing
Have a lovely midterm.
Ms. Murphy, Ms. Casey and Ms. McCarthy
Junior Infants Homework: Monday February 15th
– Wednesday February 17th 2021
• Reading folder: Read “my words revision” reading sheet every evening with your child.
• Library books: your child will get one library book a week. Read the book with your child every night. (Check out Jolly Phonics e-readers start with red and orange levels).
• Sounds book: new sounds this week “ch” and “sh”. Point to the letter s a t i p n c k e h r m d g o u l f b ai j oa ie ee or zw ng v oo y x and ask your child to say the sound and do the action. (In the reading folder there is a worksheet explaining each sound and action.)
• Jolly phonics folder: complete ch sh worksheet. Write the letters and colour the pictures.
• Nursery rhymes folder: help your child to recite the poem “humpty dumpty went to the moon” and colour the picture.
• New words: “my words revision” sheet: help your child to learn these words. Keep revising all other words.
• Numbers: point to each number and ask your child to say what the number is.
Click on the links below for some very helpful videos. We upload new videos weekly.
Homework Video 15th-17th of February- No writing this week!
New Sounds Videos – Jolly Phonics explanation ‘ch’ and ‘sh’
Handa’s Hen Read Aloud
What if? Read Aloud
Oral Language- The Farm
How to make ‘Sensory Rice’ and some games to play with it, (words, sounds, numbers letter
Gaeilge- Bia- Songs to sing along to
Gaeilge -Éadaí (Clothes) Sheet- Explained
Junior Infant Teachers Gaeilge Video- Eadaí and Songs
Bua na Cainte – Éadaí- (Clothes)
Gaeilge- Na Dathanna (Colours) Sheet Explained