Junior Infants Homework: Monday January 18th – Thursday January 21st
Video explaining the homework for this week:
This Week’s Optional Challenge: Make your own playdough at home! Click on this link to see how to make playdough and upload a picture of your playdough to Aladdin.
We have also made a video to help your child with ‘blending’- Click on the link below
Click on link below to PowerPoint explaining ‘blending’
- Reading folder: Read “Luke said no to Mammy” reading sheet every evening with your child.
- Library books: your child will get one library book a week. Read the book with your child every night.
- Written work: small planet maths book: complete one page of writing a night with your child. The allocated page is dated at the front of the workbook. Please sign when completed. Pages 9, 10, 11, 12.
- Sounds book: new sounds this week “z” and “w”. Point to the letter s a t i p n c k e h r m d g o u l f b ai j oa ie ee or and ask your child to say the sound and do the action. (In the reading folder there is a worksheet explaining each sound and action.)
- Jolly phonics folder: complete z w Write the letters and colour the pictures.
- Nursery rhymes folder: help your child to recite the poem “Little Miss Muffet” and colour the picture.
- New words: “yes” “no” “said”: help your child to learn these words. Keep revising all other words.
- Numbers: point to each number and ask your child to say what the number is.