Junior Infants Learning Activities 1st-5th of February 2021
Please click on the video below for an explanation of the homework for this week. Please check out the other videos teaching videos below also.
Reading folder: Read “The garden” reading sheet every
evening with your child.
• Library books: your child will get one library book a week. Read
the book with your child every night.
• Written work: Big planet maths: complete one page of writing
a night with your child. The allocated page is dated at the
front of the workbook. Please sign when completed. Pages 64,
65, 66, 67.
• Sounds book: new sounds this week “oo” and “oo”. Point to the
letter s a t i p n c k e h r m d g o u l f b ai j oa ie ee or z
w ng v and ask your child to say the sound and do the action.
(In the reading folder there is a worksheet explaining each
sound and action.)
• Jolly phonics folder: complete oo oo worksheet. Write the
letters and colour the pictures.
• Nursery rhymes folder: help your child to recite the poem
“baa baa black sheep” and colour the picture.
• New words: “garden” “went” :help your child to learn these
words. Keep revising all other words.
• Numbers: point to each number and ask your child to say what
the number is.
New Sounds Videos – Jolly Phonics explanation ‘OO’ ‘oo’
How to make ‘Sensory Rice’ and some games to play with it, (words, sounds, numbers letter formation’.
Gaeilge -Éadaí (Clothes) Sheet- Explained
Junior Infant Teachers Gaeilge Video- Eadaí and Songs
Bua na Cainte – Éadaí- (Clothes)
Gaeilge- Na Dathanna (Colours) Sheet Explained
Deir Ó Grádaigh (Simon Says)