Junior Infants Homework: Monday February 8th Friday February 12th 2021
Please click on the video below for an explanation of the homework for this week. Please check out the other videos teaching videos below also.
• Reading folder: Read “LOVE” reading sheet every evening with your child.
• Library books: your child will get one library book a week. Read the book with your child every night.
• Written work: Pattern copy: complete one page of writing a night with your child. The allocated page is dated at the front
of the workbook. Please sign when completed. Pages 15, 16, 17,18.
• Sounds book: new sounds this week “y” and “x”. Point to the letter s a t i p n c k e h r m d g o u l f b ai j oa ie ee or z w ng v oo and ask your child to say the sound and do the action. (In the reading folder there is a worksheet explaining each sound and action.)
• Jolly phonics folder: complete y x worksheet. Write the letters and colour the pictures.
• Nursery rhymes folder: help your child to recite the poem “humpty dumpty” and colour the picture.
• New words: “love” “to” “play”: help your child to learn these words. Keep revising all other words.
• Numbers: point to each number and ask your child to say what the number is.
New Blending Video
New Sounds Videos – Jolly Phonics explanation ‘y’ & ‘x’
Farmer Duck- Read Aloud
Animals- Read Aloud
Oral Language- The Farm
Irish songs to sing along to
How to make ‘Sensory Rice’ and some games to play with it, (words, sounds, numbers letter formation’.
Gaeilge -Éadaí (Clothes) Sheet- Explained
Junior Infant Teachers Gaeilge Video- Eadaí and Songs
Bua na Cainte – Éadaí- (Clothes)
Gaeilge- Na Dathanna (Colours) Sheet Explained